Friday, November 7, 2008

Yep, has been over a month since a blog post. I look up to you steady bloggers. Ryan, Jimmy, to you I tip my hat.

So, to get back into the swing of things.

I was first introduced to Fredrick Buechner by my 11th and 12th grade english teacher. She lent me his book Telling the Truth and since then he has become one of my favorite authors. I picked up his daily meditations book Listening to Your Life and have found myself more often times amazed than not after reading the little tid bits he throws out at us the reader.

Often times when reading books having to do with spirituality one misses the whole art aspect of writing because the authors are usually pastors who write, not writers who pastor, as is the case with Buechner. When such authors as C.S. Lewis and Madeleine L'Engle write, the experience of the reader becomes something much greater than just reading a book. It's something I find hard to express sometimes, and so I can only urge you to pick something up by one of these authors and experience it yourself.


Here's one of the shorter tid bits I was talking about from Listening to Your Life

Theology - November 5

Theology is the study of God and his ways. For all we know, dung beetles may study man and his ways and call it humanology. If so, we would probably be more touched and amused then irritated. One hopes that God feels likewise.

No comments: