Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ok so, this past week starts the recording process for my upcoming EP. So far we have the acoustic guitar and full drum kit tracks layed down. Today Paul and I are making our way to Hillcrest Baptist to make use of their grand piano, percussion instruments and anything else we can get our hands on. Tracking is moving pretty quickly and is sounding great. I am more than excited to share it with everyone.

So if your reading this and your reaction is something along the lines of: "Man, I'm really excited to hear what Filipe has been blabbling about all this time. I wonder how I could help him out in his endevour." Wonder no longer!

If theres anything I have learned about this whole music business its that there is very little that stands next to the power of the actuall people who listen to and spread the music.

So at this point you may help by giving your opinion on what this music project should be called. The options at this point are:

Joyeux - French word for merry
Mouvement - French word for movement
Filipe - French way of saying my name, Filipe

Main reason for using French being that I really like the way French words are spelled.

Joyeux looks and sounds bettter than the other, but doesn't quite fit the sound of the overall project.
Mouvement fits better with what I write about and the overall feel of the band, but doesn't look or sound as cool as Joyeux.
Filipe is just my name and the reason I am trying to vere away from using that is because I want this whole thing to ecompess something much larger than me. It's not about me.

Mouvement is growing on me though... Your opinions would be much appreciated!

More news will come. Hope all is well.

1 comment:

Robert Henry IV said...

refer to the end of paragraph one of the september 16th post. I say use it for the fact it's been in your thoughts and shown in past experiences.

do it